Wow. We leave for the Dominican on Saturday morning. The Lord has truly blessed our endeavors. The group had set out to earn $10,000 to help cover the cost of everyone going. We ended up raising a little over $9,000. I've gotten everything that I need and I'm working on packing at the moment.
Our plans changed a bit, though. Now, we're going to spend three days in Azua building the walls of a church building doubling as a multi-purpose building for the church there. Right now, they're meeting under the trees. After that, we're going to Santo Domingo. Prayers are needed for safe travels and that God will bless our work.
Also, I need prayers that I won't be totally miserable. I know, that sounds extremely selfish and spoiled of me. But I really don't do well in very hot and humid weather (very funny considering I live in Kentucky- humid central) and I don't want my discomfort getting in the way of me enjoying being there and serving. We also need prayers that no one will get sick from the food or the water or even the dreaded Zika virus *gasp.*
Overall, I expect this to be a fun trip filled with a love for Jesus and a desire to serve the people there.
No comments:
Post a Comment